Think about how mobile technology has benefited you in business. Remember that time you had to access an essential email on your smartphone while on the go. What if the most recent conference call that had participants from a variety of locations both in and out of office?
In today’s world, it is like it is impossible to operate a normal workday without involving mobile technology in it. The following is how it affects communication in the business environment positively:
Makes communication better
The operativword here is better. With the varying organization in terms of values, purpose, sizes, scales, culture, and capabilities, better can mean different things to different companies. Regardless of what business industry you are in, as long as the communication is good, it denotes that they have intuitive, easy to initiate, acceptable practices and behaviors.
In point form, good communication in business happens when employees:
• Have the tools that they requiin order to contact whoever they are supposed to
• Feel empowered to communicate
• Use asynchronous and real-time channels
• To wherever they want to
• From wherever they are stationed
Mobile technology in business makes it possible for all the above to happen. It also ensures that there is better communication that goes beyond the work teams.
• With customers: There is utilization of mobile technology for more personalized, interactive touchpoints that happen between the business and clients.
• With vendors: The vendor management is simplified with programs or mobile apps, which then allows for you to organize, manage and order documents from vendors, pay invoices and be able to contact the vendors wherever you are.
• With colleagues: Be able to collaborate with colleagues in the same office or in a different location through digital tools to converse, share work documents, and access workflow from anywhere.
• With your business network: Be able to maintain connections that are professional to be easy and organic using a social app that is mobile friendly.